sabato 12 marzo 2011

Tangled



Finally, I saw this critically acclaimed new Disney movie.

I guess I was having high hopes for it because of the rave reviews it's got and if I'm completely honest to myself, I'd say I was a little bit disappointed. BUT, it is a great film! It's my fav Disney animation. I thoroughly enjoyed every min of it and I like it more than Toy Story 3.

One thing I like about Disney is that you always know, even before getting into the theatre, that the prince and the princess will live happily ever after. But every time, the film enchants you and you still doubt if there'll be a happy ending. How can they do that!?

This film is about the kidnapped princess Rapunzel and the thief Flynn Ryder aka Eugene. The evil witch kidnapped Rapunzel when she was a baby and held her in a tower because her hair has magical healing power. To cut the long story short, Flynn ended up in the tower after stealing the crown from the palace. They had an adventure together and you know what happens in the end.

I really like the characters in first place. Rapunzel may be a bit weak-minded sometimes, too innocent. but in the end she fought until the last min against the evil witch. Flynn was a thief, sort of bad guy in the beginning, but he doesn't have a black heart. I guess somehow he represents a lot of male - trying to act bad guy but in fact is quite a gentleman. Even the horse Maximus is a wonderful character. He was chasing Flynn but in the end they became great pals. I mean, the plot line, in a macro view, is the same as most Disney classics. But it is the characterisation and the events and the little bits that won the audience. In the scene where Flynn was stabbed by the evil witch in the tower, how Rapunzel sacrifices her freedom to save the man she loves is very moving. What's more moving is how Flynn sacrifices his life to set Rapunzel free. Of cox, no one except the witch dies in the end.

It's a perfect Friday night movie. Go check out this movie if you still haven't.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento