domenica 13 marzo 2011

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy



Finished John Le Carré's Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy yesterday and that's why I can't finish the readings I planned to do this weekend.

My first espionage novel. I have a feeling that I can't comment on this because I can't follow the story sometimes. But I did enjoy it. And from what I know it's the espionage novel. There are sub-plots inside sub-plots and it has a very complex plot. Even now that I'm watching the 1979 BBC adaptation, I'm not sure I 100% follow. But then again, it's a very enjoyable read and the plot is witty.

I can't wait for the movie to come out this year. Not only because there will be Colin Firth (Ya, now you know.) and Gary Oldman (he's good!), but also because of the story itself. I'd love to see how they tell such a complex story in 2 hrs.

Acting-wise, I can't wait to see King Colin as the suave and hypocritical Bill Haydon, who is the double-agent, the bad guy. Mr. Firth is brilliant at portraying complex characters. He adds so much substance into his performance. And this movie reminds me so much of Another Country. The only thing I don't like is that they cast Tom Hardy as Ricki Tarr. No offense, I'm not saying he isn't a good actor. I just don't like him.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento