mercoledì 9 marzo 2011

Random thoughts on P+P again

Would be quite content if I could spend a day only with Jane Austen and chocolate muffins.

I've just started re-reading a certain parts of the beautifully written expansion of Pride and Prejudice that I discovered online some weeks ago. I love how Lizzy falls in love with Mr. Darcy. The irony makes you feel how intense the love between them is. Being the fav child of her father and reputed for her wit and liveliness that singled her out of any ladies in the neighbourhood, she disagrees with Charlotte's marrying Mr. Collins simply for settlement without love. In the end, she falls in love with the ultimate suitor - he rich and powerful Mr. Darcy who has $10000 a year.. In her father's eyes, in everybody's eyes, she is clouded by the wealth of Mr. Darcy. No one would consider whether there is mutual affections at all. Or worse, they presume there's none.

Isn't it same nowadays? 200 years later and we hold the same beliefs. Do I think there is mutual affection between Isabella and 'Li Chak Kai'? No. To me it was purely business. Saying that, I subject myself to criticism. By I bet I'm not wrong.
======

Went to see Grease ytd. Um,,, let's say I like other musicals that I've seen better.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento