venerdì 4 marzo 2011

寫在奧斯卡後 2 - The Social Network

Saw The Social Network tonight.

Wasn't really interested in the movie at first. But when everyone was talking about it online and it was one of the frontrunners in the award season, I knew I had to see it.

I enjoyed it, but don't understand the hype. I'll recommend this film to everyone because it was genuinely a good film. Jesse Eisenberg was fantastic in it. I really hate Zuckerberg in this movie. So as Andrew Garfield, who played the co-founder of Facebook. Even Justin Timberlake was good. It has a well-written screenplay. You are never lost between the past and present. It has a quick pace and you'll never get bored.

The thing I don't get was the hype about this movie. Millions of ppl use Facebook every day. I use Facebook every day. Does it resonate with me? Not really. I'm that kind of person who value the emotional side of not only films but also stories, music, etc. Practically everything. While I enjoyed the film, I didn't connect with it.

Ppl also say that the movie defines our generation and it will be remembered after many years. How do you define a generation? Granted, everyone facebook every day. It is Facebook that 'defines' a generation, not a film about Facebook.

Some ppl are bound to disagree with me because I'm gonna put it below Black Swan, which makes my ranking for Best Pictures as follows:
The King’s Speech > The Kids Are All Right > Inception > Black Swan > The Social Network > Toy Story 3

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento